About Warren College
Earl Warren College was established in 1974 as the fourth undergraduate college at UC San Diego. Named after the former California Governor and Chief Justice of the United States, the College continues the legacy of Earl Warren by encouraging students to explore the relationship between leadership and social justice. Warren College students represent all majors offered at UC San Diego, and the college motto, Toward a Life in Balance, is integrated into Warren College’s academic requirements and student events to provide a well-rounded university experience.
Warren College Mission Statement
At Warren, our mission is to enable students to acquire the intellectual, social, and decision-making skills necessary to assume responsible citizenship in a global society. Students can enhance their educational experience at UC San Diego by participating in a wide range of programs, services, and leadership opportunities. The complement of a rigorous academic curriculum and myriad co-curricular opportunities provides each student with the opportunity to achieve the College vision of a life in balance.
The College has set the following goals to achieve its mission:
- Engage students in the educational process by emphasizing the importance of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Offer opportunities for student growth and development through general education course offerings
- Create a positive, supportive environment that welcomes a diversity of opinions and ideas
- Provide programs and activities that foster student learning, personal development, and civic responsibility
- Maintain and provide accurate information about College and University programs, policies, and practices
- Collaborate with others within the UCSD community to promote and facilitate support services that help students to succeed