Supporting Warren College
Thank you for your interest in supporting Warren College. UC San Diego's unique college system is part of what makes our campus one of the top 10 public universities in the nation. The college system combines the advantages of a small liberal arts college with the opportunities and resources of a large research university—giving students the best of both worlds.
We thank our generous friends, alumni, faculty, staff, parents and friends who continue to help us achieve the extraordinary. From strengthening the overall academic program of Warren College, to funding extracurricular activities and leadership programs, your gifts help us to provide a world-class education that will prepare our students for a bright future.
At Earl Warren College, the Provost's Fund supports a broad range of student-centered activities that complement the classroom experience. These programs support Warren College's motto, Toward a Life in Balance, by providing students with opportunities to enrich their education at UC San Diego.
Generous parent contributions help fund:
- Warren Undergraduate Research Scholarships – Annual scholarships providing support of up to $1,000 to subsidize travel, supplies, equipment, and other costs associated with research endeavors.
- Warren Live Concert - Annual concert bringing up-and-coming artists to Warren College.
- High Table Dinner – An evening of fine food and conversation for a small number of students and faculty, loosely based on the Oxford and Cambridge tradition where college faculty and students dine together in a formal and intimate setting.
- Coffee with a Professor – Recurring program offering students the chance to meet a professor for coffee and get to know faculty members outside of the classroom.
- Student Leadership and Scholarship Celebration – Annual reception held each spring to recognize and celebrate outstanding Warren student leaders and scholars.
- Newspaper Readership Program – Supplies free copies of the New York Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and USA Today to Warren students.
- Residential Life Events – Activities held quarterly at student housing, including "It's Easy Being Green," an event designed to increase students' awareness of sustainable living, and "Operation: Innovation," a series of events designed to help students learn about UCSD alumni, organizations, and milestones that reflect the innovations at UCSD.
The Warren College community is grateful for any contribution, large or small, to the Provost's Fund.
Scholarships help bridge the gap between college expenses and financial aid, and can be the deciding factor for whether a student attends UC San Diego – or even if he or she will attend college at all. You can transform a talented student's life by making a scholarship gift of any size.
To make your gift by phone or to learn about other giving opportunities at Warren College, please call 858-822-3867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To mail your gift check, print this gift form [PDF]. Make your check payable to "UC San Diego Foundation," and mail it with your payment to:
UC San Diego Gift Processing
9500 Gilman Drive #0940
La Jolla, CA 92093-0940
Martin Luther King Jr. Parade 2009