Warren College Peer Mentorship Program
The Warren College Peer Mentorship Program (WPMP) provides incoming students the opportunity to form a mentoring relationship with a current Warren College student. Mentors assist incoming students with adjustment to the quarter system and University life; finding opportunities for involvement at Warren College and UCSD; and will help students meet and socialize with others at group programs.
We are currently accepting applications for program participants
Apply by Friday, October 7 at 12:00 pm. For more information, view the position information below.
Warren College would like to offer you the opportunity to be matched up with an experienced Warren student to be your mentor for the upcoming 2016-17 school year. Mentors returning students who have played active roles in the Warren and UCSD communities. They are students who have gone above and beyond in their college careers who are interested in helping you succeed as an incoming student and encouraging you to reach your potential as a Warren student. As a WPMP participant, you will have the opportunity to:
- develop a 1-on-1 mentoring relationship with a Warren student
- meet experienced Warren College students and gain insider information
- learn about valuable resources at UCSD
- attend exclusive events for the WPMP community
Online applications are due Friday, October 7, 2016 by 12:00 PM.
The Warren College Peer Mentorship Program provides incoming students the opportunity to form a mentoring relationship with a current Warren College student. WPMP Mentors are returning Warren College students that serve in a volunteer role supporting, guiding, and being a friend to an incoming first-year student. Mentors provide one-on-one and small group connections assisting students with developing positive academic, career, and personal goals. Mentors encourage and participate in the creation of a mentoring community through participation in training and program-wide event coordination.
If you are selected as a WPMP mentor, you will have the opportunity to:
- develop a 1-on-1 mentoring relationship with a Warren student who has similar interests as you
- share your knowledge and experiences with other mentors and program participants
- build your resume and develop leadership skills
- help build a community of future leaders at Warren College
- attend and help to coordinate exclusive events for the WPMP community
For complete details view the WPMP Mentor position description below. Applications are due by Friday, May 20 at 12:00 pm. After applications are reviewed, applicants will be invited to participate in interviews. Selected mentors will be notified of their acceptance into the mentorship program and will be matched up with a new student to mentor.