Well-being is an important element for students to consider as they work toward successful completion of their academic journey. Warren College and UC San Diego offer multiple services and programs to help students manage all aspects of personal wellness.
UC San Diego Health and Well-Being offers a holistic, interdisciplinary approach to student wellness providing services that address the physical, intellectual, spiritual and emotional needs of students.
Know a student having a hard time?Have you noticed:
- Concerning eating habits or sleep patterns?
- Increased worry, irritability, or agitation?
- Increased sadness, mood swings, or hopelessness?
- Increased alcohol or substance use?
CAPS offers services that help students to find a more satisfying balance, and to promote healthy adjustment to campus life. Individual, group, couples/cohort, and family counseling services are offered to registered UC San Diego students. You may seek counseling for a variety of issues, such as:
- adjusting to college
- anxiety/stress management
- relationship difficulties
- eating/body image concerns
- cultural/sexuality identity issues
- alcohol or substance use
On the CAPS website, you can find a list of CAPS staff members containing information about education, clinical specialties, affiliations, and office locations. When making an appointment, you may request a specific therapist on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or location, but it may mean a longer wait until an appointment becomes available.
To make an appointment, contact the CAPS central office at (858) 534-3755 between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm.
After regular business hours contact the San Diego County Crisis Hotline at (800) 479-3339
In an urgent situation, call the UCSD Police Department at (858) 534-4357.
In a life threatening situation, call 911.
Student Health Service provides quality primary medical care, including urgent care and support services such as laboratory, pharmacy, and x-ray. The staff includes primary care physicians who are board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine. Some physicians also have additional training and expertise in Gynecology, Sports Medicine, Rheumatology, Urgent Care, and Mental/Behavioral Health.
All students paying registration fees have access to SHS. The physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, optometrists, health educators, and other health care professionals at SHS are committed to helping students maintain healthy lifestyles.
Location: On Library Walk across from Price Center
Hours: 8:00-4:30 M, T, Th, F, and 9:00-4:30 W
For more information, call: 858-534-3300.
- yoga & fitness classes
- fitness assessments
- stress management workshops
- therapy dogs de-stress events
- healthy cooking demonstrations
- R&R Squad chair massage
- Art & Soul craft workshops
In between programs, The Zone is a space to relax, hang out, study, and de-stress.
UC San Diego Recreation is dedicated to enhancing wellness, fitness and quality of life for the UCSD community, by providing facilities, programs, activities and the opportunity to participate in cooperative and competitive programs, Recreation provides life-long fitness and wellness opportunities.
Recreation has 6 main Facilities:
- RIMAC: weight room, activity rooms, arena, auxiliary gym, wellness studio
- Main Gym: weight room, basketball courts, cycling room, gymnastics area, private pilates and massage rooms, indoor swimming pool, outdoor tennis and basketball courts
- Canyonview Athletic Complex: two outdoor pools, weight room, climbing center
- Challenge Course
- Outback Rental Shop
- Outback Surf Shop
Recreation programs encompass a variety of areas, including
- Informal Recreation (basketball, volleyball, swimming, racquetball, tennis, weight room exercise)
- Intramural Sports (30 different on-campus organized team sports)
- FitLife (cardio and conditioning classes, yoga, pilates, personal wellness, workshops, massage, Walk UCSD)
- Masters Programs (coached swimming, running and triathlon programs)
- Mission Bay Aquatic Center (classes and rentals for a variety of water sports in Pacific Beach)
- Outback Adventures (hiking, backpacking, kayaking, rockclimbing, surfing outings and clinics, Challenge Course, Wilderness Orientation and Group Adventures)
- Rec Classes (fun and games, aquatics, dance safety sports, martial arts, children and youth classes and more)
- Sports Clubs (24 competitive clubs)
- Rec Clubs
Campus Advocacy, Resources, and Education at the Sexual Assault Resource Center works to educate and advocate for students through policy development and campus-wide collaborations. They provide education and support services that empower students, faculty, and staff.
CARE at SARC offers workshops on violence prevention for the entire UCSD campus and provides free and confidential services for students impacted by violence, with a focus on survivors of sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking.