Warren College Academic Advising
Warren College Academic Advising assists students with educational planning and goal setting, understanding the University and general-education requirements, and navigating academic policies and procedures. We work collaboratively with academic departments and other campus resources to support your success at the University of California, San Diego.
- Summer Business Hours are Monday-Friday 8am-12pm and 1-4:30pm. The office is closed Tuesday mornings.
- Summer Walk-In Advising Hours are Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1-3pm. There are no appointments during the summer.
- Summer VAC Closures:
- Friday August 29, VAC will close at 8am for the Labor Day Holiday and reopen Tuesday September 2nd at 8am
- Thursday September 18, VAC will close at 8am and reopen on Monday September 22 at 8am
- Friday September 26, VAC will close at 12pm and reopen on Tuesday September 30 at 8am
- Summer Office Closures:
- Friday September 19, Office will be closed ALL DAY for Transfer Orientation
- Monday September 29, Office will be closed ALL DAY for Freshman Orientation
Warren College advising services are available to students at the Warren College Administration Office, located on the first floor of the Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Building, Room 1137. Advising services include:
During business hours our advising reception is available to help students with:
- Understanding general policies and procedures
- Submitting academic forms
- Scheduling appointments
Telephone advising is not available due to the heavy demand for advising services and confidentiality restrictions.
Business Hours are Monday-Friday 8am-12pm & 1pm-4:30pm. The office is closed Tuesday mornings.
Walk-In Advising is offered for students with general questions or concerns. Students are seen by an academic counselor on a first-come, first-served basis after signing up on the Sign-In computer in the Warren main lobby. These sessions are a maximum of 15 minutes and students can receive help with:
- Class scheduling and planning
- General-education overview
- Degree audit view
- Understanding College and University policies
- Academic form review and processing (i.e., Financial Aid forms, study abroad, etc.)
- Petitions for exceptions to general-education requirements
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1:00-3:00pm
Appointments are 30-minute advising sessions and can be scheduled one week in advance.
Appointments are recommended for questions or concerns that may require more in-depth advising such as:
- Changing or exploring majors
- Changes to overall academic plan (i.e., withdrawal, readmission, etc.)
- Concerns about academic performance
To make an appointment, contact us during our business hours at (858) 534-4350.
- Students can submit questions online through the Virtual Advising Center
- Questions are answered within 48 business hours and students are notified via UCSD email
Academic Advising Staff
- Dean of Advising- Jacob Lacy
- Assistant Dean of Advising- Lea Mizumoto
- Academic Counselors- Terri Baker, Elaine Blankenship, Shelley Druskin, Carrie Humberstone, Norma Pacheco
- Assistant Academic Counselor- Marie Barranco
- Peer Counselors- Alandra Avila, Cameron Hines, Amanda Hong, Hue Tran