Warren College Academic Advising
At Warren College Academic Advising we can assist you with:
- Educational planning and goal setting
- Understanding the University and general-education requirements
- Navigating academic policies and procedures
We work collaboratively with academic departments and other campus resources to support your success at the University of California, San Diego.
Extended Walk-In Advsing September 21-October 2
Academic Advising will have extended Walk-In Advising during Week 0 and 1, Monday through Friday, from 9:00-11:00AM and 1:00-3:00PM. We expect a high number of walk-ins, so plan accordingly.
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Building, Room 1137, EBU3B
Monday, Wednesday - Friday 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00 - 4:30pm
Tuesday 1:00 - 4:30pm
During business hours, our advising reception is available to help you with:
- Understanding general policies and procedures
- Submitting academic forms and petitions
- Scheduling appointments
Telephone advising is not available due to the heavy demand for advising services and confidentiality restrictions.
Walk-In Hours (Week 2 - Finals)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 - 11:00am and 1:00 - 3:00pm
Tuesday 1:00 - 3:00pm and Thursday 9:00 - 11:00am
Meet with an academic counselor for general questions or concerns on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign in using the computer in the front lobby.
In these 15 minute sessions we can help you with:
- Class scheduling and planning
- General-education overview
- Degree audit
- Understanding College and University policies
- Academic form review and processing (i.e., Financial Aid forms, study abroad, etc.)
- Petitions for exceptions to general-education requirements
Refer to you major/minor department for major/minor specific questions.
Walk-In Advising Counselors
Call (858) 534-4350 to make an appointment at least one week in advance.
There are no appointments during Weeks 0 - 2 or during Summer.
Schedule a 30-minute appointment for questions or concerns that may require more in-depth advising such as:
- Changing or exploring majors
- Changes to overall academic plan (i.e., withdrawal, readmission, etc.)
- Concerns about academic performance
- Students can submit questions online through the Virtual Advising Center to either Warren Academic Advising or an Academic Department
- Questions directed to Warren Academic Advising are answered within 48 business hours and students are notified via UCSD email