Warren College Academic Advising
At Warren College Academic Advising we can assist you with:
- Educational planning and goal setting
- Understanding the University and general-education requirements
- Navigating academic policies and procedures
We work collaboratively with academic departments and other campus resources to support your success at the University of California, San Diego.
Walk-In Advising Comes to You
Weeks 6 and 7; Academic Counselors and Peer Counselors will be conducting evening one-on-one advising sessions in the residence halls. Click here for more information.
February 15; Warren Academic Advising and the Virtual Advising Center will be closed in observance of Presidents' Day. Normal operation will resume Tuesday, February 16 at 8am.
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Building, Room 1137, EBU3B
Office Hours (Different Than Walk-In Advising Hours)
Monday, Wednesday - Friday 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00 - 4:30pm
Tuesday 1:00 - 4:30pm
During business hours, our front desk is available to help you with:
- Understanding general policies and procedures
- Submitting academic forms and petitions
- Scheduling appointments
Telephone advising is not available due to the heavy demand for advising services and confidentiality restrictions.
Walk-In Hours (Week 3 - Finals)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 - 11:00am and 1:00 - 3:00pm
Tuesday 1:00 - 3:00pm and Thursday 9:00 - 11:00am
Meet with an academic counselor for general questions or concerns on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign in using the computer in the front lobby.
In these 15 minute sessions we can help you with:
- Class scheduling and planning
- General-education overview
- Degree audit
- Understanding College and University policies
- Academic form review and processing (i.e., Financial Aid forms, study abroad, etc.)
- Petitions for exceptions to general-education requirements
Refer to your major/minor department for major/minor specific questions.
Walk-In Advising Counselors
Call (858) 534-4350 to make an appointment at least one week in advance.
There are no appointments during Weeks 0 - 2 or during Summer.
Schedule a 30-minute appointment for questions or concerns that may require more in-depth advising such as:
- Changing or exploring majors
- Changes to overall academic plan (i.e., withdrawal, readmission, etc.)
- Concerns about academic performance
Students can submit questions online through the Virtual Advising Center to either Warren Academic Advising or an Academic Department
Questions directed to Warren Academic Advising are answered within 48 business hours and students are notified via UCSD email