Warren College Academic Advising
At Warren College Academic Advising we can assist you with:
- Educational planning and goal setting
- Understanding the University and general-education requirements
- Navigating academic policies and procedures
We work collaboratively with academic departments and other campus resources to support your success at the University of California, San Diego.
Academic Advising Syllabus
The syllabus is designed to help you plan for a successful and fulfilling academic experience. We hope that you will continue to utilize these recommendations and resources throughout your time at Warren College and UC San Diego. Warren College Academic Advising is here to assist you along the way. View your syllabus below.
Our office will be closed for Veterans Day on Friday, November 11, 2016.
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Building, Room 1137, EBU3B
Office Hours (Different than Walk-In Advising Hours)
Monday, Wednesday - Friday 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00 - 4:30pm
Tuesday 1:00 - 4:30pm
During business hours, our front desk is available to help you with:
- Understanding general policies and procedures
- Submitting academic forms and petitions
- Scheduling appointments
Advising is not available over the phone due to the heavy demand for advising services and confidentiality restrictions.
Extended Walk-In Hours (Week 0- Week 1)
Monday - Friday 9:00 - 11:00am and 1:00 - 3:00pm
Walk-In Hours (Week 2 - Finals)
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00 - 11:00am and 1:00 - 3:00pm
Tuesday 1:00 - 3:00pm
Meet with an academic counselor for general questions or concerns on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign in using the computer in the front lobby.
In these 15 minute sessions we can help you with:
- Class scheduling and planning
- General-education overview
- Reviewing your degree audit
- Understanding College and University policies
- Reviewing and processing academic forms, including Study Abroad documents, Financial Aid forms, and Academic Plans
- Petitions for exceptions to general-education requirements
Refer to your major/minor department for major/minor specific questions.
Walk-In Advising Counselors
There are no scheduled appointments available over summer.
You can schedule a 30-minute appointment for questions or concerns that may require more in-depth advising such as:
- Long-term planning
- Changing or exploring majors
- Changes to your overall academic plan (i.e., withdrawal, readmission, etc.)
- Concerns about your academic performance
You can schedule an appointment in person or over the phone at (858) 534-4350.
There are no appointments during Weeks 0 - 2 or during Summer.
You can submit questions online through the Virtual Advising Center to:
- Warren Academic Advising
- Your major/minor department
- Or another academic deparment
You will receive a response within 48 business hours.
You can request to be notified by text message once your question has been answered, otherwise you will be notifed through your UC San Diego email account.